Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 59

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who are members of the Church, we were able to celebrate by hearing directly from Christ's servants--prophets and apostles of God. It was such a blessing to hear their inspiring messages and testimonies of Christ. I love the testimony given by Peter in Acts 10:34-43. To quote just a few lines, "...God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him; And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." What a powerful testimony Peter gave Cornelius in those verses. It is also my testimony that Christ lives. He lives and loves us. "He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Messiah of the New..." He instituted the sacrament, performed miracles, suffered for our sins, and ROSE FROM THE GRAVE giving each of us the gift of immortality. He overcame spiritual death as well to enable us to not only have immortality but eternal life if we will but love and follow Him. 

Happy Easter to all of those who celebrated in different ways too! I hope it was spent with those you love :) I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Christ that enables us to change. I am so sorry to anyone who I may have caused trouble, harm, offense, or anything of the sort. I ask for your forgiveness and hope we can all find peace and hope in a bright future #becauseHelives. 

Speaking of#becauseHelives…...An investigator I taught here almost a year ago is getting baptized Saturday! I am so excited for her!!! It is such a blessing to see the fruits of my labors here! Well, peace from State College. I hope you all have a good week!

Love,

Sister Sparks 


1 comment:

  1. Livvy-I just love you so much! and I have been missing you tons. I love to read your "letters". Thanks to your mom for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete