Friday, April 18, 2014

Week 7 The Holy Ghost

weekly update:
Hello from Greencastle! How is everyone!? This week was good!! Our investigator Elsie has been making great progress! She has felt the Holy Ghost testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. She said, "As I was reading, I felt a burning in my chest, and I just couldn't stop reading." How cool is that!? The Holy Ghost plays a HUGE role in conversion. I've been thinking a lot about how the Holy Ghost still plays a huge part in my life as well. Just because I've felt the Spirit confirm the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon doesn't mean I don't the Spirit anymore! Whenever I lack wisdom, I ask Heavenly Father, and He usually answers my prayer through the Spirit. The Holy Ghost doesn't just bring us comfort--it tells us truth, warns us of danger, teaches us new things, shows us things to come, testifies of Jesus Christ and God the Father, and so many more things! I am so grateful for the role the Spirit has played in my life.
I came across an awesome scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants 100:12. It says, "Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end." How cool is that promise? So many times I've wanted to just give up and just take a break, but then I'm reminded HELLO! YOU'RE ON THE LORD'S ERRAND, AND HE WILL BLESS YOU! As I just pick up my feet, keep walking, and talk to everyone, the Lord blesses me with courage, strength, words to say, and He helps me see everything that is good in my life. Just take a moment to recognize all of the blessings you've been given! They might not be big, but I bet there are a ton of little blessings from the Lord. Many times I've felt the Lord bearing up my burdens. I encourage you to study Elder Bednar's talk from Conference-- "Bearing Up Our Burdens With Ease." It has helped me so much. The Atonement is real, and Jesus Christ lives. He is so willing to forgive, and He is SO willing to help. I love him!
Funny things in Pennsylvania: We had dinner at a member's house, and the father said, "bless your heart!" 12 TIMES!!!!! I just laugh so hard when I hear that. Everyone has a dog here too. Some of the dogs are really sick...not gonna lie. One little dog with long hair jumped on my shoulder, and my initial response was to sort of punch it and get it off, but it's okay because the owner didn't see....hahahaha. I sound terrible, but I was grossed out! I did hold a duck though!
Anyway, I'm doing well, and I'm seeing so many miracles! Have a good week, and remember the Savior!
Love,
Sister Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment