Tuesday, April 1, 2014

week 5 10 lessons!

weekly update:

Hello everyone! How was your week? We had 10 lessons this week, so that was an improvement from past weeks! Being a missionary is definitely difficult, and I would be lying if I said I didn't struggle sometimes, but it is honestly worth it. I'm learning to rely on the Savior. One of my favorite scriptures this week is Matt 11:28-30, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." I know I'm not in this alone, but I WOULD NEVER LASTED THIS LONG IF I WAS! I've felt the Savior's help :)

Every night for the past two weeks we have had Mexican food...I might die. I mean, the food is great, but my stomach is refusing Mexican for a while. For those of you who know I'm a picky eater, you would be SO proud of me!!!! I've eaten all sorts of stuff I never would have touched when I was home! I've eaten cabbage and corn beef, tomatoes, oranges, apples, peaches, salad, enchiladas, and I'm pretty sure I ate a mushroom yesterday. The Lord is definitely helping me in that area too!

There are a ton of graveyards in Pennsylvania, so we've been having fun looking at them! I went on exchanges in Gettsyburg, and it was great! The scriptures I studied in my personal study time in the morning were PERFECT for the people I saw in Gettysburg...must have been the Spirit or something :) A few less active families have been coming to church, and it is great!!! I'm loving the people of Pennsylvania! OH, but I'm starting to talk like them! I catch myself saying, "ya know?" after every sentence, and "so uhuh, what have ya." I HAVE GOT TO STOP. Also, I met a man who looks like Gru from Despicable Me, so I thought you all would like that. Thank you for the mail!!! I love getting letters!! I expect a letter everyday! Just joshin...but I'm sort of serious, so get to it! :) 

This week I'm going to work on being charitable! Charity is the pure love of Christ, so I know there's no way I can obtain it in a week, and I probs will struggle with it my whole life, but I know having charity is so important, and LOVE is one of the keys to being a missionary. I hope you have a great week! Read the scriptures, pray, and go to church! Tis the best :)

Love,

Sister Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment