Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Week 6: General Conference

Hello! This week has been great! We've been blessed with a lot of people to teach! I'm struggling a bit with teaching because I'm so awkward sometimes! I usually just look to my companion, and she does the talking. I know I need to start speaking up and declaring what I KNOW to be true! General Conference was amazing, wasn't it?? We watched it at some members' homes. I love the ward here! They're taking care of me :) OH, but how blessed are we to have living prophets who give us counsel from the Lord? God is our loving Heavenly Father, and He continues to speak.
Our investigators are doing well! They are such great people who have a sincere desire to follow Jesus Christ. I love the word "follow." Follow is an action word! By becoming a follower of Jesus Christ, we ACT--we keep the commandments. We read the scriptures; we pray and take the sacrament; we serve and help others; we take care of our families; we repent. Do we know how much the Lord loves us? My testimony of the Atonement has increased GREATLY this week. I've had some rough trials as everyone has, and I've learned that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can not only be forgiven of wrong doings, but we can also receive help and strength from the very One who suffered the sins and infirmities of the world.
Study the Atonement this week! I promise you will be blessed as you strive to understand and apply the Atonement in your lives! We have a loving Heavenly Father, and He knows YOU. He created you, and He is there for you. We have a loving Savior, Jesus Christ, who is reaching out to us. Repent and follow Him, and you can experience that peace and joy I have felt. The Atonement is real, and we have living prophets on the earth today. I love you all! Have a good week!

Love,

Sister Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment