Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 29

Limited time again! Sorry about that! This week has been super super busy! We had an open house at the new building, so we were preparing for that almost every day this week! We had awesome posters with information and tours going on, and we made 260 cookies hahaha. Little children were running around with 5 cookies in their hands...their parents loved it! Jokes. The open house was awesome! We had a few people from the community come, and others that we invited came to check it out. Mostly members came to hear the dedication. The dedicatory prayer was offered by the Stake President, and it was awesome! He asked Heavenly Father to protect the building from weather and from those who might try to harm it. The cool part was that he said, "Please protect this building from extreme weather and from those who would try to harm the building. We pray and ask that those people either be restrained by the Spirit to walk away or be converted by the Spirit that is felt here." That was literally word for word, but it was still way cool! 
We had Zone Conference this week! It was fun to see all of those missionaries I've grown to love! It's always such a great experience to meet with President and Sister Johnson. They are the sweetest people ever! We learned a lot about family history. We are now able to spend up to 3 hours working on our family history each week. The idea is that we will eventually be able to help others do their own family history. I'm so sad I didn't take family history seriously when i was at home, but when I return, that will be one of my main focuses! Temple and family history work is SO important. Heavenly Father wants all of his children to return to live with him, so it's the least we can do to take their names to the temple and perform saving ordinances for them. For those who don't know, my grandpa passed away last week, and though sad, I rejoice because I know he still lives! I know he is with his family on the other side of the veil. I also know he is with me while I serve. The Plan of Salvation is soooo real, so I encourage everyone to do all you can to go to the temple and perform those ordinances for those in the Spirit World waiting!  
Well, there's a chance I will be transferred in a few days, so don't send any mail! I'll update my new address if I do leave. I also will be doing my emails on Saturday this week because we will be doing something SO FUN on Saturday. I will keep it a secret until Saturday though :) Hope you all have a good week!
Love, 

Sister Sparks

Zone Conference


Roleplaying hahah



roleplaying with Brother Done



josh and jess!!!! branch mission leader and wife. love them! Jess reminds me sooo much of Whitney it's crazy!


i love sam!!! She reminds me EXACTLY of amy! She's HILARIOUS














sister stocking at zone conference


elder olsen's last zone conference


the lovely bunch



huddled up with a curtain because it was so cold

 president hanscum

. double chins with pres


 Miranda Night

No comments:

Post a Comment