Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Week 62

Hello, everyone! I'm so happy today! This has been a wonderful week here in MONONGAHELA, PENNSYLVANIA. That's right, I'm back in the middle of nowhere! Well, it's in Pittsburgh, but it feels so different then State College!

I'm here in a trio with Sister Sibley (6 months out from Arizona) and Sister Hadzick (1 year out from temple square, originally from Germany). I love them both so much! I have had officially 11 companions on my mission so far and will gain another one next transfer. So crazy. President just can't find someone to handle me!! Maybe I need to try to not be as weird (WIRED--for those who know Miranda Sings).

There were Elders here in Mono before too, but their area was closed, so we're taking it over. Our area is now HUGE! We will be going on a lot of splits with members of the ward. I'm excited!

I'll share a quick cool experience. We received a referral from our ward mission leader for the owner of a little punk store downtown. We went and talked to him, and he only met our ward mission leader 3 brief times, so he really had no knowledge of the Church. We were able to not only teach him about the Restoration but also two teenagers who were in the shop. It was such a great experience. We all worked together to bear witness of the reality of the divinity of Christ and His living Church on the earth today. I absolutely love bearing my testimony to others! We have an appointment set up with one of them this week! SO COOL.

We also met with a lady from Russia last night. From what my companions told me, it has been really hard to teach her because her children are always running around. She just never seems to be able to pay attention. We half expected our lesson to go the same way, but it was completely different. We sat at her kitchen counter and read 2 Nephi 31 with her. Her 11 year old was sitting on her lap silently. Her other child was in another room watching tv. There were no distractions. We read about baptism and explained this important ordinance. We  bore testimony of Christ's Atonement and God's love for His children. Her heart was changed. Her eyes were filled with tears as she listened to us and the Spirit. She is preparing for baptism :)

I am so so so so so grateful for the experiences I've had on my mission. It blows my mind how many people really are searching for truth, but they just don't know where to find it. I'm so privileged to be a set apart servant of the Lord. I know we speak with the power of the Spirit because of this sacred calling. Wow. I am so happy! Welp, that's about it from the Magic City. Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Sparks



457 Fair Aly    New Eagle, PA 15067


Another trio!


cute achievement girls. two on the left are investigators!!



 chewing flowers


 cleaning a house 



  celebrating click days!

No comments:

Post a Comment