Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Week 43

Hello everyone!! THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE! That's not even an exaggeration! I thought I'd be bummed out because I'm not with my family, but my heart is filled with this intense JOY. I just want to sing!! 

Okay so some miracles that happened: 
 At dinner appointments we've been sharing Christmas stories from these books our mission president and his wife made us. I particularly loved the story of two missionaries serving in Austria who came across a camp of refugees. They gathered 22 large boxes of materials and distributed the materials throughout the camp. Cool, huh??
 One day as we were walking down the street, we saw a woman dressed improperly for the winter and holding the hand of a little boy while she carried a small little laundry cart behind her. We struck up a conversation with her, and she told us she is a refugee from Burma which is near Thailand. I couldn't believe it! She told us of her family's lack of food and clothing, and we yearned to help this woman. We got her information with hopes that we could provide her with at least a small amount of food and maybe a coat. How we were going to afford these things weighed on our minds all day. That evening we felt inspired to visit a less active part member family who rarely lets us in. Ignoring our doubts, we went. We read the refugee story to them, and we felt inspired to them we met a refugee earlier that morning. As we told this family of the needs of the family from Burma, their hearts were filled with the Spirit of Christ, and we left with a trunk full of non-perishable food and a few toys. Heavenly answered our silent prayers and more importantly He answered the prayers of a family in need.

I'm so grateful to be a part of such magnificent a work. My heart is filled with joy as I serve others this Christmas season. This is no doubt my favorite Christmas of my mortal life. I will remember the experiences I'm having now forever. 

By the way, I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Cottam, and she's from Elk Ridge Utah. She was serving in Washington, PA which means I'm "over her" as a Sister Training Leader. I went on exchanges with her just a week ago, and she became my companion! Crazy, huh? 

Thank you to everyone who has written me for Christmas! We have a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree :) This is so fun! Merry Christmas, everyone! Keep Christ in Christmas. Remember, He was the first Gift! "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

Love,
Sister Sparks


ps. sorry I forgot my camera at home, so I stole these off Sister Cottam. There will be more next week! Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment