Thursday, June 19, 2014

Week 16

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to report this week! I probably won't include all the details of each day, but I want to share a few highlights!

We met with one of our Chinese investigators who is just the sweetest guy ever. The language barrier is pretty big, so it's hard to communicate sometimes, but it is AWESOME because the Spirit is a universal language :) We asked how his Book of Mormon reading had been going, and he said, "I just finished the second chapter in Nephi." I thought Awesome! He read a chapter. We asked what he remembered in the chapter, and he said, "Well, it seems like Lehi is about to die." Wait, what!? Lehi doesn't die until 2 Nephi!!!!! HE HAD READ ALL THE WAY INTO 2 NEPHI!!! I was freakin' out! We all ran around the room doing heel clicks because we were so pumped! We watched a video of the Prophet and Apostles testifying of Jesus Christ, and afterward he said, "I think the Prophet and Apostles are saying that Christ is still alive. I am very happy to hear this news." Oh my goodness.....are you as excited as I am? The Spirit was very present in that lesson, and I'm so grateful! It's so amazing to see someone make changes in their lives to bring themselves in closer harmony with Christ's teachings! Heavenly Father loves all of his children, and it's such an amazing opportunity to help these precious Chinese souls come to know that God lives!!! 

By the way, I've been officially been out 4 months! #ahhyeah 

Another highlight: 

So I also went on exchanges this week, and I learned a valuable lesson! My Sister Training Leader wanted me to set a goal for the day that I could really focus on! I decided I wanted to figure out what things I've really been converted on, and share those experiences with others. This highlight isn't about the exchange, but on the exchange I realized one thing I wasn't completely converted on was fasting.
A couple days later Sister Wade and I were prompted to invite one of our investigators to fast. He has been feeling a little bit frustrated because he feels like Heavenly Father isn't answering his prayers. So, we prepared ourselves to fast on Sunday. I always knew fasting was important, but I never really saw results from it--as you could guess, my faith was a little lackin'. Sunday rolls around, and we call our investigator to make sure he's awake for stake conference. He says, "Well, I don't think I can go. I'm really busy...I have to write a paper and study for my test!" Our ward mission leader told him, "There is always going to be a paper to write or a test to study for. You just have to decide what's more important." He quickly agreed, and came to stake conference! After the services, we asked him how he was feeling. GUESS WHAT! It was a miracle! He really felt good about coming! He said, "Thank you for making me come. I feel really good right now. I feel like the Lord will help me with my homework." Such a neat experience! I know fasting, couple with prayer, is a way to show Heavenly Father we reallllllyyyy care about something. By fasting, we sacrifice something good to receive something even better. I am so grateful for that experience! 

So we have a BAPTISM on June 28July 5, and July 19. Heavenly Father is truly blessing us. He's helping us reach our goals! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to help my brothers and sisters in this area come unto Christ!!! 

Love, 
Sister Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment