Thursday, May 15, 2014

Week 11



Weekly update: Hello everyone! I'm on limited time this week, so this will be short :/

Monday: Super good P-day like usual. Our dinner appointment burnt the dinner hahahah so we had salad and bread. It was so funny!

Tuesday: We had some great lessons today! One of which reminded me of the importance of putting the Lord first. When we seek God's kingdom FIRST, everything else in our lives will fall into place. We will still have trials, but the Lord will help us when we put Him first :)

Wednesday: Really good day! We did some service (washing lawnchairs) and saw some great people! We talked a lot about sacrifice today, and it made me realize how important the Sabbath day is. When we keep the Sabbath day holy, we are showing Heavenly Father we are wiling to sacrifice things we love for something even better! The sacrament is a way we can show Heavenly Father we are committed to following Him and His Son. Keep the Sabbath day holy, and Heavenly Father will bless you! I've seen the blessings come as I've really asked myself what sacrifices I'm making to gain an eternal reward!

Thursday: We talked a lot about prayer today which was awesome! I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. Sometimes it's hard to recognize answers to prayers, and that's something I'm working on. Have confidence that Heavenly Father hears you!! Someone told me this today, "I wish I had an amish servant...when they stop working you just smack them with a shovel!" Terrible, huh!??? I couldn't help but laugh though...Pennsylvanians love to speak their mind!!!

Friday: Good day! Sorry no time!

Saturday: Good day! Service today :)

Sunday: Happy Mother's Day!! I got to talk to my family!!! It was soooo great :) Everyone seems so grown up even though I just saw them 3 months ago! By the way...I've officially been out 3 months!!!!! It's going by so quickly, and I still have so much I want to learn!! Ah! I'm so sorry I haven't been writing letters back right away! Just know I'm working on letters back to everyone who has sent one to me! Things are glorious in Greencastle! Go into this week with a big smile on your face because life is BEAUTIFUL, and we were intended to enjoy it :) Have a good week!


Sister Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment