Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 46

Hello there! This week has been CRAZY GOOD. 

Monday: We went on exchanges with the Sisters in Greensburg, and the people who were feeding them dinner just so happened to be....my parent's close friends from the Military!!! Cool, huh!? She made this BOMB cheese and broccoli soup with corn bread (that's my favorite). It was so cool to meet them! I can imagine my mom just freaking out because I was there hahaa. 'Twas fun!

Tuesday: While on exchanges in Greensburg, we did service at Salvation Army, and it was really humbling. The people who work there have volunteered their time there for however many years, and they are just so HAPPY! They were just so jolly that it was impossible to not smile around them! My cheeks were spasming after a while of smiling so much hahah. These people were living King Benjamin's sermon in Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. He said, "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
It was a great day :)

So we had MLC this week (Missionary Leadership Council) which is where the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders get together and talk about how to better the mission. It was SO good. One quote I loved in particular was from Neil A. Maxwell I believe. It went something along the lines of, "If your goal isn't the Kingdom of God, it will, in the end, no matter what you chose instead." That's so true! Our purpose is to prepare to meet God. We're told in the scriptures that through "Jesus Christ...[we] may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen." Moroni7:48          
I know that^^ to be true. Through Christ's Atonement, we can become better people each day. We truly can become like Him and live with Him again. 

 btw...that same day....I got my first ticket :( BUT it was a parking ticket because we didn't get the memo that we couldn't park on the street overnight!!!!! It was only 10 dollars, and don't worry, Dad, it won't go on my permanent record!! 

I'm really looking forward to a great week this week. Our goal is to work SO hard EVERY moment of EVERY day. I love working for the Lord! It seriously feels better than anything!! If you're feeling low, serve the Lord (we learn from King Benjamin ^^^ that we can serve the Lord by serving others). Your soul will be filled with joy, and somehow your problems won't seem so insurmountable. 

Well, I love yinz! Have a good week!

Love, 

Sister Sparks


I saw Sister Stocking before she went home!!


The Cavelier's!!!



we didn't have enough quarters to dry our clothes...


I look like a MARSHMALLOW especially with my boots!!!! Who's going to want to talk to us??


waiting for our ride to pick us up

No comments:

Post a Comment